Keep Your Information Secure:
- Do not click on or open suspicious links or attachments in email or texts.
- Do not respond to unsolicited emails, texts, or phone calls.
- If requested, never share your banking details or other personal information with unknown persons or by email, text, or phone. This includes your digital banking password, passcodes, and PINs.
CFCU will never:
- Ask you for your digital banking password, card PIN, or 3-digit number (CVV) on the back of your card.
- Unless you initiate contact or we are completing a request for you, CFCU will never ask you for your personal information.
If you receive unusual requests, do not provide any information and please contact us directly.
Safeguard against fraud and scams
It is important to be on the lookout for fraudulent and scam activity to protect yourself from falling victim.
Tips to help you avoid fraud and scams:
- Block unwanted calls and text messages.
- Do NOT give your personal or financial information in response to a request you didn’t expect.
- Resist the pressure to act immediately. Anyone who is pressuring you is likely a scammer.
- Never pay someone with gift cards or using a money transfer service. Never deposit a check and send money back to someone. These are common ways that scammers tell you to pay.
- Be wary of someone you met online that is asking you to send them money or is asking you to receive money for them. Scammers make up situations to deceive their victims. Don’t fall for it. If it doesn’t make sense, then it is most likely a scam.
- Stop and talk to someone you trust. Talking about it could help you realize it’s a scam.
Please contact us or the resources listed below if you need assistance or are worried about a scam or fraud.
Identity theft - What to know and do
- If you are concerned about identity theft, please visit What To Know About Identity Theft | Consumer Advice (ftc.gov) for tips and recommendations.
- If you believe your identity has been stolen, please visit IdentityTheft.gov for next steps and reporting. You may also call 877-438-4338.
- If you are concerned about your CFCU account, please contact us at any branch location or by phone 800-428-8340.
Online Shopping Scams
Below are reminders to stay safe while shopping online:
- Beware of ads on websites and social media. Only shop from trusted retailer sites. Go directly to the retailer’s site instead of using links in the ad.
- Are prices too good to be true? Then they probably are! If the prices is way below the typical price, it is probably fraudulent, and you will most likely not get what you intended.
- Out of stock items. Be ware of online retails or ads claiming to have items that are out of stock everywhere else – this also may be too good to be true!
- Look for secure checkout. Before entering payment information, look for the secure icon – usually found next to the site address at the top of the browser.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is a resource for scams and identity theft
- To learn more about scams and fraud or to make a fraud report, visit Consumer Advice | Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov)
- For more information on reporting and recovering from identity theft visit IdentityTheft.gov
- The National Credit Union Association (NCUA) Fraud Prevention Center is a resource for fraud education and tips to protect your information.
- The New York State Consumer Protection division is a resource for fraud education and offers a helpline for filing complaints.