One of our most important guiding principles is the belief that giving back to the local communities we serve is essential. This principal has been ingrained into our company culture through volunteerism, sponsorships of local non-profits, scholarships & awards, hosting community events like concerts and Shred Days, financial education presentations, and free financial counseling services.
Each year, on average, our staff supports more than 100 local non-profits by:
- Volunteering more than 3,000 hours
- Serving on boards and committees of local non-profits
- Raising more than $60,000 for local non-profits
- Supporting several donation drives
Each year, on average, CFCU as an organization:
- Grants over $60,000 in Scholarships & Awards to high school graduates
- Sponsors over $250,000 to local non-profits through donations and event sponsorships
- Provides an extra $19,000 to the Lucky Savers monthly drawing just for CFCU Lucky Savers account holders
- Hosts more than 15 events and financial education presentations
We are honored to provide donations to organizations that have a direct impact on our local communities and fall into one of the following areas of focus:
- Financial literacy and education;
- Civic/social services that enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve;
- Environmental sustainability;
- Health and human services, wellness, and youth activities; and
- Activities that support the credit union movement.
We review all donation requests on a quarterly basis, please refer below to ensure your request is submitted/reviewed on time.
Donation Submission Guide:
- If your event deadline is within the months of January, February, or March, submit your request by December 1st of the previous year.
- If your event deadline is within the months of April, May, or June, submit your request by March 1st.
- If your event deadline is within the months of July, August, or September, submit your request by June 1st.
- If your event deadline is within the months of October, November, or December, submit your request by September 1st.