We are honored to provide donations to organizations that have a direct impact on our local communities and fall into one of the following areas of focus:
- Financial literacy and education;
- Civic/social services that enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve;
- Environmental sustainability;
- Health and human services, wellness, and youth activities; and
- Activities that support the credit union movement
Please note that the following items/purposes are generally outside the scope of CFCU's charitable contribution guidelines:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin;
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office;
- General endowment funds;
- Deficit reduction or operating reserves;
- Contributions intended exclusively for religious purposes.
- Student trips or exchange programs;
- Athletic scholarships;
- Telephone solicitations;
- Opportunities that may, in the sole discretion of credit union leadership, pose a risk to CFCU’s reputation;
- Opportunities that are not in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and
- Organizations that do not operate within Cayuga, Cortland, Ontario, Seneca, or Tompkins counties
Processing Your Request
The CFCU Community Credit Union Executive Team reviews all donation requests as a group. You will receive notification once your request is processed. All decisions are final. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we are unable to guarantee funding for every request.
We review all donation requests on a quarterly basis, please refer below to ensure your request is submitted/reviewed on time.
Donation Submission Guide:
- If your event deadline is within the months of January, February, or March, submit your request by December 1st of the previous year.
- If your event deadline is within the months of April, May, or June, submit your request by March 1st.
- If your event deadline is within the months of July, August, or September, submit your request by June 1st.
- If your event deadline is within the months of October, November, or December, submit your request by September 1st.