2014 Richard V.V. Stringham Scholarships
Applications are now available for the 2014 Richard V.V. Stringham Scholarships! As a community based, not-for-profit financial institution, CFCU is committed to helping our youth succeed on many levels. With the costs associated with higher education nearly insurmountable for some, we are once again offering scholarships to aid our members. This year we have increased the amount and number of scholarships available! Twenty one-time awards of $1,500 each will be granted and may be used towards the many expenses related to a college education. Recipients will be chosen based on a variety of factors, including extracurricular and community involvement, letters of recommendation, completion of an essay, and academic achievement.
What criteria must the applicants meet?
- High school seniors or others preparing to begin full-time study at two-year or four-year accredited colleges.
- Members of CFCU.
- Complete and submit the below application form by the March 3, 2014 deadline.
- Submit letters of recommendation by March 3, 2014.
- Submit Official Transcript postmarked by March 3, 2014.
What scholarships are available?
- 20 non-renewable scholarships are available, each worth $1,500. These are awarded as two $750 amounts over two semesters of study.
What is the deadline?
- The application deadline is Monday, March 3, 2014 and recipients will be notified no later than Monday, June 2, 2014.
How do I apply?
- Download the official Stringham Scholarship Application. This application will include all official instructions, information, terms of the award, and basis for selection.
- Submit all typed application requirements by Monday, March 3, 2014.
CFCU proudly continues its support of local area students striving to achieve a higher education! Your success is our passion!
Questions? Please contact the CFCU Education Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.