2014 Community Service Award
CFCU’s NEW Community Service Award is now open for you to apply! As a not-for-profit community based financial institution, our passion lies in helping our members and community succeed. This award allows us to recognize your efforts towards that same goal! We are pleased to announce the opportunity for students who are active in their community to apply for this award. Two one-time awards of $1,500 each will be granted and may be used at the recipients’ discretion. Recipients will be chosen based on a variety of factors, including their volunteer experience and recommendations from volunteer supervisors.
What criteria must the applicants meet?
- High school seniors and nontraditional students graduating high school or earning a GED in the spring of 2014.
- Members of CFCU, residing in Tompkins, Cortland, or one of the contiguous counties.
- Complete at least 30 unpaid volunteer hours of community service over a two-year period.
- Complete and submit the application and recommendation form(s) by the March 3, 2014 deadline.
What scholarships and awards are available?
- 2 Community Service Awards, each worth $1,500
What is the deadline?
- The application deadline is Monday, March 3, 2014 and recipients will be notified no later than Monday, June 2, 2014.
How do I apply?
- Complete the Community Service Award Application. This application will include all official instructions, information, terms of the award, and basis for selection.
- Contact an organizer or supervisor(s) who oversaw your volunteer time and ask them to fill out the Community Service Award Recommendation Form.
- Submit all materials by Monday, March 3, 2014.
CFCU proudly continues its support of local area students striving to make our communities a better place. Your success is our passion!
Questions? Please contact the CFCU Education Committee at email@example.com.