CFCU Card Reissue
Due to COVID-19, the plan to reissue all CFCU VISA Credit Cards to MasterCards this April has been delayed to next year.
No changes will be made to your CFCU Credit Card.
ALL CFCU VISA Credit Cards are switching to MasterCard!
We’re excited to announce that your CFCU VISA Credit Card will be reissued as a MasterCard. Your new MasterCard will offer improved benefits and is chip-enabled with enhanced layers of security. Your interest rate, fee structure, account terms, and the way you access and view your account online won’t change. However, to make the reissue smooth, there are some critical dates and information you should know.
Are You Traveling in Late April? If you are traveling between April 13th and 27th and will not have access to the phone number we have on file, or will not be able to obtain your new card at the address we have on file, please call 800-428-8340 so we can ensure your needs are taken care of during this transition.
Do You Have Any Recurring Charges or Preauthorized Payments Tied to Your CFCU VISA Credit Card? To ensure there is no interruption in recurring or pre-authorized payments (i.e., gym memberships, movie clubs, monthly electric or phone bills, etc.), you must update those merchants with your new MasterCard information after you activate your card on April 27th. To help, CFCU will provide you with a list of merchants that you may have recurring or preauthorized payments in April.
Terms Won’t Change. Your new MasterCard will have the same rate, fee structure and account terms as your current VISA Credit Card. Also, the way you access, pay, and view your account online won’t change.
Reminders! CFCU will send you several communications by mail and email over the next 2 months to remind you of this transition.
Consumer Credit Core Benefits
- Zero Liability
- MasterCard® Global Emergency Services
- Lost/stolen card reporting
- Emergency card replacement
- Emergency cash advance
- Enhanced ID Theft Protection
- One-bureau credit monitoring
- High-risk transaction monitoring and alerts
- White-glove restoration services
- MasterCard Airport Concierge™
- Enjoy a 15% savings on Airport Meet and Greet services
Small Business Credit
- Enhanced ID theft protection
- Mobile receipt management
- Easy savings
- Intuit Quickbooks
- Intuit Turbo Tax
- MasterCard Biz
- Global Emergency Services
- Car rental insurance
- MasterCard Golf (TPC) Privileges
ABOUT THE REISSUE
- Why are you re-issuing cards? CFCU is switching from VISA to MasterCard to offer more competitive credit card products and pave a path for future card enhancements, like: Google Pay, Card Controls, and access to higher lines of credit.
- Will the terms and rates change? No, the terms and rates you had with your CFCU VISA credit card will remain the same with the new MasterCard.
- Will I keep the same card number? No, you won’t have the same card number so you will need to update any automatic payments and online merchants with your new card information.
- Will my current VISA credit card history transfer to my new MasterCard so I have access to the information if needed? Yes, you’ll be able to see the history by accessing your new MasterCard online
- Will my new MasterCard statement look the same as the current VISA credit card statement? Yes, the information available on your current VISA credit card statement will be available on your new MasterCard statement.
- I currently receive eStatements. Will this feature automatically continue for my new MasterCard? Yes, your enrollment in eStatements will automatically transfer to your new MasterCard.
- I still have convenience checks for my current VISA credit card. Can I use them? No, convenience checks that haven’t posted to your current VISA credit card by April 24th, 2020 are no longer valid. You may request convenience checks for your new MasterCard beginning April 27th, 2020.
- Will the cards look the same? No, they will have a nice new look.
- Who do I call if I have any other questions or concerns? If you have any questions or concerns, please call Member Solutions at 607-257-8500 or 800-428-8340.
NEW CARD DELIVERY
- What if I am traveling during the time that my new card arrives and old card expires? If you are traveling between April 13th and 26th and will not have access to the phone number we have on file, or will not be able to obtain your new card at the address we have on file, please call 800-428-8340 so we can ensure your needs are taken care of during this transition.
- What do I do if I don’t get my new card in the mail before April 20th? If you do not receive your card by April 20th, please give us a call at 607-257-8500 or 800-428-8340.
- Can I pick up my card at the branch? For security purposes, all cards will be mailed to the mailing address we have on file.
- What do I do if I think my address on file is incorrect? If you think your address on file may be incorrect or will change before April 3rd, please give us a call at 607-257-8500 or 800-428-8340 or update within your Digital Banking profile. Simply login, click on Profile, then Profile Updates, and update any inaccurate information.
- How do I activate my new card? Your new card will be ready to activate ON or AFTER April 27th, 2020 at 12:00 am ET. To activate your new MasterCard call the activation phone number on the activation label on the front of your new card. For easiest activation, call from the phone number we have on file. If you are unsure of the phone number we have on file, please verify with us by calling 607-257-8500 or 800-428-8340.
- My current VISA credit card doesn’t expire for quite a while. Can I continue using it until expiration? No, your current CFCU VISA credit card won’t work after 12:00am ET on April 27th, 2020. Instructions will come with your new MasterCard to ensure it’s ready to use on April 27th, 2020 after 12:00 am ET.
- My spouse and I both have CFCU VISA credit cards for the same account. Will my spouse receive a new MasterCard as well? As a security feature, all new MasterCard’s being reissued will arrive separately. You’ll continue to receive one bill regardless of the number of cardholders on the account.
- How secure is the new card? Your new MasterCard will offer improved benefits and is chip-enabled with enhanced layers of security.
- If my new card is lost or stolen or I suspect fraud, who do I call? Call MasterCard at 866-205-8314 (Domestic) or 703-463-2473 (International) - Option 2
- Will I receive a new PIN, so I can access cash from my new MasterCard? No,you will not receive a PIN in the mail, and your old PIN will not work with the new MasterCard. You may select your new PIN by calling the number on the activation label and choosing the correct option.
- I have a current dispute, will this be impacted? No, your dispute will not be impacted.
- What happens to my rewards points on uChoose? If you have a CFCU Rewards VISA credit card, any rewards points earned by your VISA will remain in uChoose and you will continue to earn rewards with your new CFCU Rewards MasterCard as soon as you register your new card number at uChooseRewards.com. You will not earn points with your MasterCard until you register it on uChoose. Blackout Dates: Due to the reissue, you will not earn rewards points on April 25th or 26th with your CFCU VISA card and will not be able to see or redeem your VISA points between April 25th and May 2nd.
- Does my card have rewards? If you are not sure if your card provides rewards, just check the front of your card for the word Rewards. If you don’t currently have a CFCU Rewards credit card and would like to learn more about switching to a Rewards credit card, visit mycfcu.com/rewards or call us at 607-257-8500 or 800-428-8340.
- Will the payment due date for my new MasterCard change? No, your due date will stay the same.
- I normally make my payment using a bill pay service. Do I have to make any changes? Since your current VISA credit card information is likely stored in the payee’s profile, you’ll need to update it to your new MasterCard information after April 27th, 2020 at 12:00 am ET to ensure there are no delays in processing your payments. This also applies even when you use CFCU’s bill pay service.
- Will I still be able to make payments by calling the number on the back of my CFCU MasterCard? Or, will I be able to make a payment online? Yes, you’ll be able to continue making payments for your new MasterCard using the number on the back, through digital banking, or at any CFCU branch location.
- Will I need to send my payment to a new location after the conversion? No, your payment address will stay the same. Additionally, you’re able to make payments for your new MasterCard using the number on the back, through digital banking or at any CFCU branch location.
- What do I do about any recurring or preauthorized payments from my old card? To ensure there is no interruption in recurring or preauthorized payments (i.e., gym memberships, movie clubs, monthly electric or phone bills, etc.), it is very important to update the merchants with your new MasterCard information after you activate your card on April 27th, 2020. To help, CFCU will provide you with a list of merchants that you may have recurring or preauthorized payments with. We will mail you the list in late April.
- Will scheduled transfers payments between my CFCU deposit account and my CFCU VISA credit card still go through after my CFCU VISA credit card becomes inactive on April 27th? No, any scheduled transfers to your CFCU VISA credit card will not go through after April 27th at 12:00 AM EST and will not automatically switch to your CFCU MasterCard. You will need to delete and re-create any scheduled/recurring transfers to your CFCU credit card in Digital Banking. DIRECTIONS: When you are signed into digital banking, click “Transfer” in the blue bar towards the top of the screen and then click schedule transfer just below the blue bar. At the bottom of the page you will be able to see all of your scheduled transfers. Click on the trashcan symbol to the right of the transfers you want to delete and then schedule a new transfer with your CFCU MasterCard.
- I set up my monthly payment as an automatic ACH payment. Do I have to make any changes? No, your account information used to set up the monthly ACH payment will automatically transfer to your new MasterCard and continue as you’ve indicated.
- My CFCU VISA credit card is enrolled in Apple Pay®. Will I still have access to Apple Pay® with my new CFCU MasterCard? Apple Pay® will be available to access with your new CFCU MasterCard in mid-May. You will need to update your Apple Pay® to your new MasterCard information after mid-May for your transactions to successfully process. Until your new MasterCard is able to be added to Apple Pay® in mid-May you will need to use an alternate payment method.
- My current VISA credit card is saved on my mobile device, computer or with an online merchant. Do I have to make any changes? Since your current VISA credit card information is stored, you’ll need to update it to your new MasterCard information after April 27th, 2020 at 12:00 am ET for your purchases to successfully process.
Thank you for your membership with CFCU. We hope you enjoy the improved benefits available with your new MasterCard. If you have questions, please call us at 607-257-8500 or 800-428-8340, or visit any CFCU branch location.